Firstly thanks to the very many of you that sent in your selections. There were a very wide spread of suggestions put forward with close to 150 albums gaining at least one vote. In the end there was a remarkable degree of agreement with our writers. In fact seven albums appeared in both Top 10s, with Courtney Marie Andrews, Richmond Fontaine and Ian Noe replacing Laura Cantrell, Sturgill Simpson and Nick Lowe from the writers’ list. Anyway, you’ve probably already glanced at the list before reading this so all that remains is to once again thank you for supporting the series of the last six months, we hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as we have bringing it to you.
Next week will see the return of our popular ‘Essentials’ series where a different writers choose their Top 10 albums or songs by one particular artist.
The AUK readers’ Top 10 Americana Albums of the 21st Century’.
- Jason Isbell ‘Southestern’ (2013)
- Wilco ‘Yankee Hotel Foxtrot’ (2001)
- Ryan Adams ‘Heartbreaker’ (2000)
- The Delines ‘The Imperial’ (2019)
- Gillian Welch ‘Time (The Revelator)’ (2001)
- Courtney Marie Andrews ‘May Your Kindness Remain’ (2018)
- Gretchen Peters ‘Hello Cruel World’ (2012)
- Songs: Ohia ‘Magnolia Electric Co.’ (2003)
- Richmond Fontaine ‘Thirteen Cities’ (2007)
- Ian Noe ‘Between the Country’ (2019)
Frazey Ford ‘Indian Ocean’ (2004)
Gillian Welch ‘Soul Journey’ (2003)
Gillian Welch ‘The Harrow and The Harvest’ (2011)
Laura Cantrell ‘Not The Tremblin’ Kind’ (2000)
Drive-By Truckers ‘American Band’ (2016)
We leave you with a track from one of the three albums chosen by our readers that didn’t feature in the writers’ list. It’s the wonderful Ian Noe, proving (as we didn’t already know) what fine and discerning tastes you lot all possess.
>>> Please help to support the running costs of Americana UK, run by a dedicated team in our spare time, by donating £2 a month to us - we'll send you an exclusive 20 track curated playlist every month plus the opportunity to win our monthly giveaway. Click here for more information.