On the back of their success with their recent album ‘Self Made Man‘, Larkin Poe have quickly returned to the recording studio to produce an album of stripped back acoustic songs called ‘Kindred Spirits‘. Cover versions all, they are drawn from favourite songs of the duo as they explain “ Coming up in a family of music lovers, a lot of the songs we have always seemed to gravitate towards learning have been with us since childhood; we started a YouTube series dedicated to paying tribute to our musical heroes in 2015 that unexpectedly took off and when fans began requesting recorded versions of the songs, we started daydreaming about how an interpretive album might take shape.”
The songs chosen for the album certainly reflect a wide interest, from Robert Johnson to… Phil Collins. Well, we’d never prejudge. Their version of ‘Nights in White Satin‘, which you can hear below, is an admirable reshaping of the somewhat pompous prog-rock classic. The full tracklist is:
01. Hellhound On My Trail (Robert Johnson)
02. Fly Away (Lenny Kravitz)
03. Rockin’ In The Free World (Neil Young)
04. (You’re The) Devil In Disguise (Elvis Presley)
05. In The Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
06. Nights In White Satin (The Moody Blues)
07. Who Do You Love (Bo Diddley)
08. Take What You Want (Post Malone)
09. Ramblin’ Man (The Allman Brothers)
10. Bell Bottom Blues (Derek & The Dominoes)
11. Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
‘Kindred Spirits‘ is out on November 20th on Tricki-Woo Records.
>>> Please help to support the running costs of Americana UK, run by a dedicated team in our spare time, by donating £2 a month to us - we'll send you an exclusive 20 track curated playlist every month plus the opportunity to win our monthly giveaway. Click here for more information.