Zach Churchill’s big ballad is not the love-lorn, one for my baby type story that you might well be anticipating. The Los Angeles based singer released it last Friday to coincide with the USA’s National Substance Abuse Prevention Month, and that’s no accident either. It’s a song that draws on Zach’s life, as he explains: “In 2014, I overdosed on heroin at a bar after performing there. Everyone left and the bar closed. The bar manager was getting ready to leave when he saw the lights still on in the bathroom. He went to turn them off, but the door was locked. He got a key from the back office and returned to find me on the bathroom floor, dying.”
>>> Please help to support the running costs of Americana UK, run by a dedicated team in our spare time, by donating £2 a month to us - we'll send you an exclusive 20 track curated playlist every month plus the opportunity to win our monthly giveaway. Click here for more information.