“God’s Problem Child” is the new studio album from Willie Nelson, his ninth for the Legacy Recordings label (people have given up counting how many he’s released ever. Little known fact – if you laid Willie Nelson’s recorded albums out in a straight line it would stretch three times around the world) which hits UK shores on April 28th. An album of all-new recordings, “God’s Problem Child” adds 13 new songs to his repertoire, including seven recently written by Willie and Buddy Cannon, his longtime collaborator and producer.
The album, available on CD, 12″ vinyl LP or digitally, arrives just in time for Nelson’s 84th birthday on 29th April. Its title track, penned by Jamey Johnson and Tony Joe White, includes vocals by both writers and the legendary Leon Russell (on what may be Russell’s very last recording). An old friend and musical cohort, Leon was the first person to put his signature on “Trigger,” Nelson’s mythic guitar.
“God’s Problem Child” Tracklisting
1. Little House On The Hill (Lyndel Rhodes)
2. Old Timer (Donnie Fritz / Lenny LeBlanc)
3. True Love (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
4. Delete And Fast Forward (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
5. A Woman’s Love (Mike Reid / Sam Hunter)
6. Your Memory Has A Mind Of Its Own (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
7. Butterfly (Sonny Throckmorton / Mark Sherrill)
8. Still Not Dead (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
9. God’s Problem Child (Jamey Johnson / Tony Joe White)
10. It Gets Easier (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
11. Lady Luck (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
12. I Made A Mistake (Willie Nelson / Buddy Cannon)
13. He Won’t Ever Be Gone (Gary Nicholson)
>>> Please help to support the running costs of Americana UK, run by a dedicated team in our spare time, by donating £2 a month to us - we'll send you an exclusive 20 track curated playlist every month plus the opportunity to win our monthly giveaway. Click here for more information.