Tom Paxton turned eighty on the 31st of October – belated Happy Birthday Tom ! – and he’s got a bit of a gift for us. Tom Paxton has just announced that he’ll be touring the UK in April 2018 with the able accompaniment of Grammy winning singer/songwriter duo The Donjuans – Don Henry & Jon Vezner. Tom Paxton has written and recorded hundreds of songs and in his fifty five year long career (so far!) has played thousands of gigs. His music, of course, has spread even further with artists recording his material including Pete Seeger, Judy Collins, Peter, Paul & Mary, Nancy Griffith. Oh, and Bob Dylan.
Pete Seeger once said: “Tom’s songs have a way of sneaking up on you. You find yourself humming them, whistling them, and singing a verse to a friend. Like the songs of Woody Guthrie, they’re becoming part of America.” Adding that: “In a small village near Calcutta, in 1998, a villager who could not speak English sang me What Did You Learn In School Today? in Bengali! Tom Paxton’s songs are reaching around the world more than he is, or any of us could have realized.”
It’s a sizeable legacy, and he’s bringing it live to the UK for a round dozen dates.
- Tue 10 Apr 2018 Bristol St George’s
- Thu 12 Apr 2018 Worcester Huntingdon Hall
- Fri 13 Apr 2018 Liverpool The Capstone Theatre
- Sun 15 Apr 2018 Milton Keynes The Stables
- Mon 16 Apr 2018 Leeds City Varieties Theatre
- Wed 18 Apr 2018 Salford Lowry
- Thu 19 Apr 2018 London Cadogan Hall
- Sat 21 Apr 2018 Beckenham St Georges
- Sun 22 Apr 2018 Basingstoke The Haymarket
- Tue 24 Apr 2018 Gateshead The Sage
- Thu 26 Apr 2018 Glasgow New Auditorium Royal Concert Hall
- Fri 27 Apr 2018 Kendal The Brewery Arts Centre
1 Trackback / Pingback